Translate

Monday, January 4, 2010

Chores, Dream.

Day 3 of 2010, the blog, & the cleanse...

I mostly just did a lot of chores today and went on a "recovery run" after my long, master cleanse-aided run from yesterday. You could call it a recovery run since it was only an hour long, but the course was very hilly. I continue to feel very energized while on this cleanse.
I'll just have to develop T.H.G.O.P. more in this space as time allows. For now I'm content to keep posting my dreams, as I've been very disciplined about getting them written down whenever I can remember them. So, here's the one from last night:

1/3/10
8:55 am

Notes from a dream in which several scenes take place inside a large house/building –

Walking from room to room in a large, multi-story house. Warren might be there. I walk into a room on the second floor. There is an upright piano and I go and sit down on the bench and place my fingers on the minor keys that begin the song I’ve recently written that I play all the time when I’m at a piano. But Warren’s sister Beth appears from behind the piano, reaching over with a washcloth and cleaning around the keyboard. She asks that I check out the downstairs area of the place, so that she can clean this room.

The whole upstairs area is very clean and the furniture is made of good, dark wood that is nicely polished. Everything is elegant and old-fashioned.

Downstairs, I am at first in a little entry room just inside the front door, but then find myself in a different room. This floor appears to be where I live. There is a main hallway that is clean enough, but all along this hall are open doors leading to rooms littered with notebooks, clothing and other items that just about completely cover the floor.

I enter one such room and begin collecting and stacking all the notebooks and binders (no doubt filled with years-worth of my stream-of-consciousness poetry and stoned ramblings), and this quickly makes a dent in the mess. Then I start picking up clothing, jackets, and pants to hang in closets. There is an event or activity happening on this floor and several people mill about.

Craig comes in to help me tidy up. He picks up a rug and shakes it out. The floor is now visible; no longer littered and messy.

Through the doorway I look out into the hall where, just a few feet away, Crispin Glover is asking Craig about a movie that was being projected on one of the walls and just ended. He thought that there was going to be some extra footage or a directors cut after the end of the film. Craig says that he doesn’t know anything about that, but that the show is over. Crispin, speaking slowly but with a twangy, high-pitched, concertedly-mellow insistence, starts to get in Craig’s face a little bit, and Craig's body language and expression become a mixture of amusement and authoritativeness.

Like an impish child, Crispin seems to rather enjoy antagonizing Craig and starts to poke at him a bit, playfully. Craig, in turn, takes on the mocking countenance of a big brother who is about to take Crispin down. I’m watching Craig with admiration, thinking that he is handling the situation with patience and firmness; but I also hope that he doesn’t lose his patience and hit Crispin Glover or anything because I think I remember reading somewhere that he is a black belt in some obscure martial art.

Walking down some stairs with Gabrielle. It feels like a flight of stairs in a mall. A large crowd of people are descending the stairs with us. One flight down from where we started, a security guard checks us all out as we pass. I think he made us all show him some ID. He announces that there may not be any doors open down here.

Inside a room with rows of seating (as in a movie theatre), I sit down in one of the stadium-seats. My brother Brock is sitting to my right. Slides of photographs are being projected onto the wall on the left side of the theatre – most are of beautiful homes built into hills and cliffs. Many look like seaside Mediterranean villas. I guess the idea is that everyone in the theatre will choose one of the photographs.

Suddenly, the pictures come into clearer focus and are being shown in “high definition.” They had already been beautiful images but now the colors are much brighter, there is more depth and dimension, and the shots are zoomed in a little closer. In one, a superimposed squirrel–sized mammal or rodent with raccoon-like fur patterns/colors appears and starts moving around within the image. Some people in the theatre – including my brother – recognize this animal and refer to it by its' name. The guy in the row behind us starts talking to his wife about the animal – they were behind Gabrielle and I coming down the stairs. The animal must be the star of some nature documentary or Animal Planet TV show.

Outside now, I’m on a massage-table/bed that I’ve been assigned to; it seems like we are at a spa or something. The table/bed is outside and the sun is shining brightly. I am wearing a white robe. I lie there on the bed/table, feeling quite relaxed. The hotel key-sized card that I am holding has an agenda written on it explaining that I’ll be heading off to some activity at 10am. I think Gabrielle expects me to meet her for that. But it is only 9:30 now so I may take a nap.

On a wall built along a walkway near my bed/table, I see a poster-sized photograph featuring the faces of four actors/celebrities who follow the diet that is promoted here. I think it is a specific kind of raw food diet. I see their faces and read their names, which are listed underneath the photographs. I vaguely recognize all of them, but none are “A-list” celebrities.
Now I’m tidying up another room on the first floor back at the house. Once again, I start by collecting and stacking all the notebooks and binders. It feels great to be cleaning up this place. As messy as it is, the process moves quickly so long as I use this simple system of starting with one thing – the notebooks - then moving on to clothing, etc. I am also amazed with just how many notebooks that I have found. There were already so many but I just keep finding more and more.

Now there is a large dining table in the room I'm cleaning and I sit down to a meal with a family there. The Mom, who cooked the meal, is at the head of the table and I am at the far-end of one side... to the Mom’s left and with two others between us. No one is seated on the other side of the table. It seems odd that we are all on one side of the table like this.
I think that the two people between the Mom and me are her children. The child next to me is a teenaged girl and looks a little like Beth (from earlier in the dream).

The girl makes some annoyed comment about having to eat dinner as a family and I interrupt, saying that the tuna steak is great and that I love these Friday night family meals.
9:43 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for your visit. Please choose an alias for yourself. If you knew me before I became Barefoot Beirdo, please humor me and refrain from using my given name here. I'd like to strongly encourage posting your own dreams in the comment field. Also, any constructive criticism of this blogs' layout and readability are greatly appreciated. This here's a work in progress.