Translate

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Quick Post From Barefoot Beirdo via Houston DeBacle.

Greetings readers of Runnin' Down A Dream: The Adventures of Barefoot Beirdo. I am an associate of Barefoot Beirdo. My name is Houston DeBacle. Beirdo has contacted me here at Mission Control to inform me of some computer related issues that have arisen and therefore I have been assigned to pass along this update to you. We anticipate this happening from time to time, so I would imagine you will probably hear from me again at some point. Here's Barefoot Beirdo's update via an email he sent to me:


Hey man.  I'm typing a the tablet  right now, so please read with caution.  This thing is a semi-autocorrectomatic weapon of mass dysfunction.  The Android that I am traveling w/ has located the internet for the first time in a day, 3 County's & 30+ miles.  So, I got your email.  Yay!  Turns out all I needed to get a connection was sleep in a wooden bus stop shelter in a rural hamlet in the hills of napa County, walk 20 miles along the thin shoulder of hwy. 128 East in a pair of rainboots under the rain clouds, and find an out-of-business gas station/ good mart w/ a solid awning to take shelter beneath as the showers turned into a legitimate rainfall.  Voila, internet!  food - not good - mart.
even tho I haven't been able to express myself or share the beginning of my adventure yet via blog, this tablet has allowed me to chronicle my adventures photographically & through video.  I realize that what I want to express will reach more people the more forms of media that I utilize.  Plus, since I haven't fully (if even partially) developed my voice as a writer, I think that the videos in particular have a better chance of successfully conveying my experiences as filtered through my particular (eccentric, pseudo-sage-ish fool?) perspective.  I'll soon set up a vimeo-account... If this Android - being a peon of the googletube empire - will allow it.
Well, it seems that the rain is considering downgrading back to shower-status, so me & these rainboots - which were not meant for walking' - should get back to pounding pavement.  Because if I can find a laundromat 4 miles down the road in the city of Winters, I won're have to make the choice tune knight between sleeping outside in a sleeping bag in wet clothes or naked (2 knights ago I chose wet over birthday).


As you can see, I kept the message exactly as it was in the email. Autocorrect always makes for a more exciting reading experience, don't you think. In another message he wrote to me I received this amazing sentence: funny; autocorrect keeps sporatically apolonia into dormían.  Dormían!  ugh.  spanish! 

Perhaps to just be ridiculous I'll use google translate to bring you Barefoot Beirdo's next blog entry. Hopefully you'll hear from him again before me.

Yours Truly,

Houston DeBacle



1 comment:

Welcome, and thank you for your visit. Please choose an alias for yourself. If you knew me before I became Barefoot Beirdo, please humor me and refrain from using my given name here. I'd like to strongly encourage posting your own dreams in the comment field. Also, any constructive criticism of this blogs' layout and readability are greatly appreciated. This here's a work in progress.