Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Paging Gary Vice...

This morning I was walking down a sidewalk that turned to the right at an intersection, where I met a couple of giggling young ladies who told me that I should stay on Gary Vice's couch.

So, when I woke up, I looked him up on Couchsurfing.org, but he doesn't have a profile.

There are 20 Gary Vice's listed on whitepages.com http://www.whitepages.com/name/Gary-Vice

None of these Gary's live close to where I am, and I don't know that I would want to contact any of them to ask if they know why I was referred to someone with their name by a couple of dream-characters.

So, I don't know what to do with this information other than the "due diligence" of this post; just in case it means something to somebody.

Any ideas?  If the name makes you think of anything at all, just let me know.  Maybe I didn't have the dream to literally meet some dude named Gary Vice.  Maybe my subconscious mind just knew that I would put the name out there (here), and that this would make you think of something that might change the course of my adventure...

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the name Gary Vice. It sounds like a name that would come from a Stephen King's novel. I've actually only read one of his books which consists of short stories. I hear that his short story books are vastly different from his novels. I have no idea if that's true.

    Even so, I love the simplicity of the name Gary matched with the mystery of the name Vice. Gary Vice sounds like an unknowing man who could eventually cause great harm. But someone whom I'd want to learn more about. He seems like a traveler to me. Well...not even so much a traveler but someone who vanishes far away. I picture a fogged sky overlooking mountains. I feel myself on a stone terrace somewhere in Japan. Or maybe Costa Rica.

    It's odd that these strange feelings are coming over me as I continue to think about the name Gary Vice. He seems like a person who needs chasing but it's never clear as to where he is. I hope you find him. Or maybe you're not meant to? Maybe the lesson is simply in the frustrated wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I'm happy that Gary - or the idea or potential of him - was able to transcend my dream and capture the imagination of someone who didn't experience the dream.

    I don't know if I'll find him. What interests me is just putting these messages out there and seeing what happens. There is no frustration in the wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy with everything you just said.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for your visit. Please choose an alias for yourself. If you knew me before I became Barefoot Beirdo, please humor me and refrain from using my given name here. I'd like to strongly encourage posting your own dreams in the comment field. Also, any constructive criticism of this blogs' layout and readability are greatly appreciated. This here's a work in progress.