Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SDJ:5 - Back at my Aunt's House; "Turn around!" (April 4th)



4/4 -

I ease the old Lincoln into the open garage at the end of the driveway here at my Aunt's house.  I'm now staying here while she takes her turn at traveling and I attend the High School as a Senior.  

I shut off the engine, but not quickly enough... it hits the back wall pretty hard.  I must try to remember that it lurches forward after you cut the engine.  Gabby would be jealous that I get to drive this old car; I'll have to tell her about it.

Walking back down the driveway, headed toward the front door, I hear something and stop in my tracks.  Moaning?  Is that a woman having sex?  I listen closely and think I hear a faint "Oh my God!"  She must be relatively far away.

Two guys are laughing as I offer my analysis of Brooke's dream.  The three of us are standing in the living room, near the upright piano.  Brooke said that, in her dream, she was wearing green clothes and also had green eyes.  "That represents sluttiness," I tell the guys.

Earlier - 

I climb the couple of steps up to the back porch of somebody's suburban house.  Finally, I can rest for a moment.  I take off my heavy pack, set it down to the left of the red back door, turn around, and slide my back down this door; landing on my backside with knees up in front of me.  Hopefully I won't be caught resting on these people's property.  

Across the street, I notice a lanky guy in his 20's with a thin brown beard.  He's smoking a cigarette while standing behind the long, white wooden railing of his front porch.  He doesn't notice me.  

This seems like a wealthy neighborhood with well-tended lawns and gardens.  There are a lot of rose bushes.  Sitting still, I rest my eyes on some of these; keeping the smoking-guy in my field of vision, but in the background - out of focus.

He goes inside his house.  Time for me to leave.  I walk around toward the front yard, so as to exit through the front gate.  

Behind me, a woman yells "Turn around!"  

Although I'm walking away from the house, I can tell that she's inside it; speaking from the opposite side of an open window.  I keep walking and do not turn around.  

"Turn around, Marcus!" she demands.  

A shiver runs up my spine.  This must be some really strange coincidence.  I pick up the pace.  No way in hell am I going to turn around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for your visit. Please choose an alias for yourself. If you knew me before I became Barefoot Beirdo, please humor me and refrain from using my given name here. I'd like to strongly encourage posting your own dreams in the comment field. Also, any constructive criticism of this blogs' layout and readability are greatly appreciated. This here's a work in progress.