Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SDJ:4 - "homeless-face" (April 2nd)



4/2  -

Esteban has either shot or punched a middle-aged biker inside the bar that he lives above.  The details are sketchy; I'm learning of them from these old bikers at the bar here, who all aggressively inquire as to his whereabouts.  They all want to kill him.  

I have to think fast to avoid them taking it out on me, since they know I'm friends with Esteban.  I don't know where he is; and if I did I wouldn't tell them.  They know this as well as I do, so I'd better get out of here quick.

I'm lying on my back in bed at my Aunt's place, in the room that I stayed in this past Winter.  Velvet is sitting on her belly to my right, and I'm massaging the scruff of her neck and her neck muscles.  Isobel crawls right up in front of my face and I start to pet her with my left hand.  They are both purring and I'm happy to be with them again.

There is a large cardboard box in the middle of the room, near the small wastebasket.  It's about the size that might hold an old-school big-screen television.  The flaps at the top are open and dangle from each of the four sides.  The box is filling up with papers and cardboard for recycling.  I'm hoping that no one messes with it or throws it all in the trash or something because I'm not done filling it.

After showering, I'm looking at my face in the mirror and realize that my forehead is peeling and freckling.  It looks like I'm already getting that "homeless-face," like the weathered face of Charlize Theron's character in the movie "Monster."  I show my peeled forehead to my brother. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for your visit. Please choose an alias for yourself. If you knew me before I became Barefoot Beirdo, please humor me and refrain from using my given name here. I'd like to strongly encourage posting your own dreams in the comment field. Also, any constructive criticism of this blogs' layout and readability are greatly appreciated. This here's a work in progress.